Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam is open for all Indian citizens living within India and outside India. The popularity of VITEEE has been on therise since last many years, in the year 2014-15 nearly 2 lakh candidates appeared in the Engineering entrance exam and competed for 5000 engineering seats available in VIT’s 15 engineering programs available in its Chennai & Vellore Campus.
The application process is active till February 29, 2016 and the students can select the date on which they want to appear in the examination. In this article will discuss some important points related to the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination:
- VITEEE for NRIs:Non-resident Indian candidates can also get admission in Vellore institute of Technology. NRI candidates can get admission in Vellore Institute of Technology either by being a part of the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination or directly on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination.
- Application Process for NRI Candidates: The application process is same for NRI as well as Indian candidates the only difference lies in the application fee to be paid. NRI candidatesare required to make a payment of USD 50 to be a part of the VITEEE.
- Online Slot Booking: Slot booking System is a web based online scheduling system available at Official Website with the help of which students can select their Exam Center and Exam Date.
- Students will be provided with the list of cities where they can appear for the examination.
- Once they finalize their exam center, a list of available slots will be displayed and the student can select the date which he/she finds best suitable.
- The allotment of the slots will be done on first come first serve basis.
- Exam Pattern:The computer-based test for VITEEE will be conducted at the centers available throughout the country. The test will have 125 objective type questions to be answered in 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The questions will be available in English only and students will have to select the correct alternative out of the four available alternatives.
- There will be no negative marking and the division of questions will be as follow:
- Mathematics : 40 Questions
- Physics : 40 Questions
- Chemistry : 40 Questions
- English : 5 Questions
- Result:Theresult of computer basedentrance exam will be uploaded on the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology within 10-15 days of the examination and the counseling will be done on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam.
For details of Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination and other related examinations, visit www.MotaChashma.com