Indian Railways is managed by the central government of Indian under the Ministry of Railways. It is one of the largest networks in the world which was first introduced in 1853, now with more than 1 lakhs kilometer of tracks and 1.39 million employees and still the requirement of people in the industry is very large. Indian railways are divided into seventeen zones, which are further sub-divided into divisions. Each zone is headed by the General Manager, who reports directly to the Railway Board and the zones that are further divided are under the control of Divisional Railway Managers.
You can find Latest railway recruitment 2016 through employment news or through various sites like ingovtjobsalert.com so that the eligible and desired candidate can apply for the desired post to fill large number of vacancies such as Station Master, Assistant Station Master, Commercial apprentice, Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-typist, Traffic Assistant, Project engineer, Junior Engineer, Traffic apprentice.
Eligibility criteria for the Latest railway recruitment 2016
To be the part of the largest network, that is Indian railways, a candidate should not be less than 18 years and not more than 32 years.
The interested and eligible for Technical cadre must possess Graduate/Engineering/Diploma from the recognized university or approved by AICTE.
For the Non-technical cadre, candidates must have completed 10th/12th/ITI with good academic records from the recognized board. Aspirants must have good typing skills in English/Hindi on Computer or typewriter.
Selection Process for Latest railway recruitment 2016
- The process of selection for the railway recruitment is similar to other government jobs.
- Railway Recruitment Board conducts written exam for various technical and non-technical posts which are mandatory for the candidates to appear for the exam which is of objective based and conducted online.
- The subjects for the written exam are Mathematics, English, General Awareness and Reasoning.
- The test is designed according to the educational qualification required for the post.
- When candidates clear the written exam then he or she is able to proceed further for the next round.
- The next round can be physical test or group discussion or interview. It depends on the post for which the candidate has applied.
- The final selection is fairly based on the combined score of a candidate in written examination and interview.
- The final round is the medical examination for which the candidate should be medically fit for the post before applying for it.
- If there are large numbers of applicants appearing for railways then there can more than one written exam, preliminary and mains exam.
For any queries regarding the latest selection process for Indian railways, you can check on the official website or you can also check on ingovtjobsalert.
Regularly check the website ingovtjobsalert.com for the Latest railway recruitment 2016 and secure your future by applying for the railway recruitment. You can also subscribe to this website to get the latest alerts for the Indian Railways. For any query, you can ask questions by giving comment in the comment box to us or can check the official website.