The Indian Institute of Science conducts a national level scholarship program which is known as Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana known as KVPY. It is organized to motivate students for continuing a research career in the field of basic sciences. This program was initiated in 1999 which is funded by the Department of Science and Technology of Government of India
KVPY Important Dates
- Application forms will be made available in second week of July, 2017
- Last date for filling the application form falls in second week of August, 2017
- Last date for submission of form is in last week of August, 2017
- Admit card will be released in second week of October, 2017
- Exam will be conducted in first week of November, 2017
- Result will be declared in first week of December, 2017
The eligibility criteria for scholarship exam is given as-
- Candidates should be an Indian Citizen.
- For Stream SA, Candidates must have completed their 10th class with Science and Mathematics subjects. They have to score at least 80% marks and 70% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For Stream SX, Candidates have to clear 10th class with minimum 80% marks and 70% for SC/ST/PwD candidates in aggregate in Mathematics and Science. Candidates are required to qualify the 12 examination with Science and secure at least 60% marks and 50% for SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate.
- For Stream SB, Candidates have to clear their 10+2 examination & score minimum 60% marks and 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category in aggregate in Science. Candidates also have to clear their 1styear final examination & score at least 60% marks and 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
The Application form for the KVPY scholarship exam will be available through online mode from the second week of July 2017.
Candidates can fill the form up till second week of August 2017.
The last date for submission of application form of scholarship exam will be in last week of August 2017.
The application fee is Rs. 1055 and Rs. 528 for SC/ST/PwD Category candidates.
Candidates have the option to submit the fee through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking or Challan.
The entrance exam will be conducted in online or offline mode.
The duration of the exam will be three hours.
The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi language.
It is a multiple choice question paper.
The question paper divided into two parts which are PART I& PART II.
The question paper will be of 100 marks.
The admit card will be available in the second week of October, 2017. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their registration number.
The Result of the exam will be declared in the first week of December 2017. Candidates can check their result through online mode. Candidates can also take printout of the result for future use. Candidates will be shortlisted for the further process after result declaration.