Women’s medical conditions and diseases are much more complicated than the male organs. To treat these health problems and complications doctors are needed who specialized upon women’s problems. Gynaecologists are trained doctors who treat women’s medical conditions and diseases that affect female reproductive system. Women think it to be good consulting a gynaecologist rather than a general practitioner during pregnancy. Gynaecologist is a specialist who practices the branch of medicine of obstetrics (pregnancy and childbirth) besides women’s health problems related to reproductive system. They treat patients with female body parts.
Education needed to be a gynaecologist
- At first graduation is completed from government accredited medical school.
- Then they get their license to practice.
- At last before starting practice an ob-gyn residency program is followed. The span of this training is of 4 years. This training includes the below stated areas of study.
- To get final certification from American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists(ABOG) one should pass an examination conducted by ABOG.
Their credentials can be checked by simply checking the registration of the gynaecologist from online directory which is maintained by ABOG.
Treatments provided by gynaecologists
- Full conception of pre-conceptional health. This is needed for ladies trying to be pregnant.
- Providing genetic counselling to parents who are planning a baby.
- The care is needed during pregnancy, labour and childbirth.
- The care needed after giving birth to baby also known as postpartum care.
- General health problems of female reproductive system which includes hormones, organs and tissues, ovary, uterus, vagina, external genitalia, etc.
- Female cancers are also screened by gynaecologist.
Gynaecologist also manages female hormonal disorders and treats infections by providing complete prevention from them. Routine examinations and tests are done and medical care is given.
Female gynaecologist or male gynaecologist?
At many times, female gynaecologists are preferred much upon male gynaecologists. As in front of female gynaecologist ladies feel more relaxed to discuss every problem she is having regarding pregnancy or any other female problem. Female gynaecologists are more consoling and understands better at times than male gynaecologists. Now the question that might come to your mind is who is a good gynaecologist. Be it a male or a female, each of them is subject to evaluation and it depends with whom you are comfortable in the first place.
Areas treated by gynaecologists
The medical conditions those are treated by gynaecologists are-
- Ovarian cysts, vulvar and vaginal ulcers conditions are treated if any.
- Cancer related cytology abnormalities.
- Abnormal bleeding from uterus
- Cancers and tumours remaining in reproductive tract and breasts
- Congenital abnormalities
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Urinary and faecal incontinence and many more.
Other problems such as diabetes, asthma, psychiatric problems as depression and personality disorders normal to this time is also managed by gynaecologist. To locate the best in the business you can go through the list of gynaecologists in your locality and find out who has the most number of positive views.
Where to get top gynaecologists?
Thus, patients having any of the symptoms stated above should see a gynaecologist immediately and should go for a regular check-up to stay away from any severity. For this there are many top rated gynaecologists all over the world to help female individuals.