Most business students nowadays are either needed as a part of their studies or based on their own quest for a personal competitive advantage, to search out an internship. Now the most difficult part for the students is to discover best internship. They have no idea from where to start and where to end. For them the ultimate question is still, “How do I get one?”
Here are 5 key strategies stated by gi2c group ltd for gaining an incredible internship:
- ‘Unique’ – Look Where No-One Is Looking: Everybody applies for such internship which is advertized every year. Stay away from this one like the plague. Begin by building your very own list network – your Dad’s companions; your Uncle Patrik, the CEO; the gentleman from industry who introduced in your class; a fellow you saw at TEDx, and so forth.
Better to have a list that is your own particular unique list – one and only individual looking at it – than a list where EVERYONE has access – hundreds or a huge number of students pursuing the same internship.
- Be a Solid Match For Your Employer: There’s no reason for applying – for a job where you don’t find any enthusiasm or have few extraordinary skills. You will hate it and at the same point even they may hate you. The actual role behind internships is to develop your CV and achieve knowledge and experience. Nothing will do, if you don’t fit the organization.
- Choose A RIGHT Employer : Just like the above mentioned point but vice-versa. If they provide meaningless work and at the end if they prove to be of no use, then it’s a lose-lose situation. For instance, if you spend 2 months just doing useless filing work, it won’t even benefit you nor it will benefit them.
Consider organizations that offer you standalone task work – you start and completion one job through the course of your internship. You assemble skills and they get a genuine result.
- Industrial Visit : Most study tours visit 15-20 organizations over 2-3 weeks. Be confident and strong enough to approach every single presenter for a business card and add them to your very own contact list. Here you can consider point number 1.
- Build Strong CV : The basic reason you do an internship is to come up with the perpetual issue of ‘I can’t get a good job in light of the fact that I have no experience; I can’t get experience as I have no good job’. Make certain that all your jobs line up around the same topic (e.g. urban arranging; promoting; cost accounting, and so on). Doing this demonstrates consistency and experience to future ‘genuine job’ employers.
At last, if you are not able to find any good internship, you can always rely on internships companies. They will help you to get best internships according to your match. All you need to do is pay some worthy amount for a worthy internship.
Follow the five golden rules of getting that Internship and making it work for you and you will undoubtedly have a great Internship experience that will provide a foundation that future employers will truly value.
So, follow these five brilliant rules for getting that reliable internship you ever desired for and this internship will be truly valued by employers.