Each and every successful fashion designer has gone to fashion school. Getting enrolled in a fashion school will surely help one to develop and perfect one’s design skills. It may be possible that without attending a fashion school, one can become a successful fashion designer, but for that you need to show dedication and hardwork. There is no such perfect design school what you need to do is to find out schools which will match your priorities and desires.
Selecting right design college is the most crucial decision for a design aspirant. As an aspirant one should spend ample time and do research to find out the best design college for him or her. Now what are those factors that a student generally takes into consideration before they opt for design courses? Is it faculties, facilities, reputation or quality of education. Let’s discuss what can be the possible factors that one should put emphasis before they apply in any design college in India.
As a student prior applying in any design schools you should take into consideration the following points.
- Location: As a student you should first put emphasis on the location factor. If you apply in design schools where you can learn a lot from the people who have prior experience in fashion industry, you may learn a lot if you are in close contact with right people and places.
- Cost: Money matters a lot, if you think that the fees of your dream design school is out of your price range, then you may apply in other good design institutes.
- Reputation: Since you are going to spend time and money to get a degree, you need to research well and find out which school is renowned and has good reputation in the education field. Find out which are the top ranking design colleges in India and then apply.
- Programs: Design Colleges in India render various courses like Fashion Design, Visual Communication, Lifestyle and Accessory, Product Design, Interior design and so on. You need to select programs that suit your interest as well as which can help you to improve your artistic skills.
- Faculties:Faculties are considered as the back bone of any educational institute. So as a student one should give more attention on the faculty list. They should have experience in teaching field as well as proper educational qualification. Try to keep in touch with some renowned faculties as well as teachers. They may give you a break in your career.
- Facilities: You should make sure that the design school you choose should have enough space, good ambience, proper infrastructure, modern equipments, tools and softwares that will help you to show your talent and creativity.
- Admission Procedure: Most of the top design colleges in India conduct their own entrance examination. So before applying in any institute one needs to check the record and ranking of that college as well as the process of admission. If the college is conducting entrance examination then one needs to put attention on the syllabus so that they can clear the examination with ease.
- Recognition :With the increase in number of design aspirants, number of design colleges in India are also increasing . But as a student oneshould first find out which are the top design colleges in India that provide valid degrees and diplomas which may help you to pursue further studies in future. It is equally important to check the accreditation of the institutions.