Design Thinking is an approach that is used by designers to work on the complexity of varied problems, and find the optimal solutions for it. A design thinking process is solution focused rather than problem-focused. Design Thinking is usually based upon Analytical reasoning, imagination, to come with possibilities of what could be—and to create desired results that benefit the end user.
There are five stages involve in Design Thinking Process are as follows;
- Empathize: Design thinking process begins with a basic approach, thinking about previous experiences and challenges happened in past. Then involve consulting experts and find out the area of concern through observing and engaging and explaining your view point to them.
- Define: After the consulting experts understood, the problem is identified. For many problems, this tends to be in one of the more difficult steps. The design approach for the problem needs to be centered as per the experience of the different expert groups.
- Ideate: The ideation step involves generating ideas for problem solving. Through ideation the expert groups discuss what should be an ideal future look like and what would be the possible steps and solutions for them to get there.
- Prototype: Now this step involves how expert groups transform its idea into a physical or tangible form. In prototype, visualizations will depend on the feedback from expert groups, should be technologically reasonable, and achievable for the organization. Design thinking process requires a room and resources for every person involve in the process to draw and rehearse on designs.
- Test: Concluding all the knowledge and ideas gain from the prior four steps, this process filters and repeat on feedback to create an ideal model that can be tested and then implemented. In this phase, the prototype is put into action. Remember failure should be an expected part of this process, as with any rehearse process; things are not ideally perfect from the first go.
Design thinking process led companies has evolved innovations beyond making objects. Companies are now focusing on cognitive thinking process, just like those found in designers, to apply design principles to the workplace. Design thinking is the basic principle of effective strategy management and organizational change.
Advances in both innovation and efficiency gives any company or organizational edge against their competitors, comes through willingness to engage in the task of continuously redesigning of the business.