A shortened form of the electronic book reader is called as E-Book readers, these are handheld computer devices with a portable electronic device for the purpose of reading digital books & also periodicals. The E-Book reader is generally designed to operate more time and long hours by consuming less or minimal power.
By using an ebook reader one can read their own favorites while they are travelling or while they are having lunch, or before going to their sleep, without disturbing anyone in their family by keeping lights on. This technology of e-books and e-book readers was available in more basic form for more than 20 years
Special Functionalities of E-Book Reader
The E-book reader main functionality was that this tiny device is having space of storing thousands of books, and all of the books you can take along with you by carrying this E-book into your bag or in pocket. E-book is briefly called as a portable device for the purpose of storing & displaying many electronic texts formats also.
In recent time E-readers have been gained so many followers. An ebook will also allows an individual to read his/her favorite novel or a magazine or a scientific literature or even a comic.
Main Feature of E-Readers
- The size of an E-book will be slightly smaller when compared with a notebook, and it was not much thicker than a pencil. Even it can be compared with a single printed book. E-reader is much more than a mobile.
- E-reader body will be made of various materials, such as aluminium, plastic, or even combined. But most of these were manufactured of extra-strong & lightweight plastic, which will makes the device cheaper.
- Initially one should needs to determine the display characteristics, as it is one of the essentiality for the E-Reader image quality.
- Recently E-Readers are of various sizes, from 4.5″ – 10″. These different sizes make the device more compact & easy to transport when compared with normal or average tablet.
- Nowadays Ebooks are having monochrome displays along with matte High Gloss coating & use the so-called ‘electronic ink‘ (E Ink). This type of displays will consume energy only when displayed the information is being changed, so thereby the battery life will be last for several weeks.
- Text sharpness & quality of small details in the picture will be depending on the display resolution & pixel density per inch (ppi). The higher index is the more detailed picture we can able to view.
- The average resolution is in the E-reader is 800x600px (E Ink Pearl). To solve the kind of problem, of reading with the weak light, some of the E-readers are been equipped with an embedded backlighting.
- With the help of an E-reader not only helps you to read the exciting detective stories, romance novels, & even other literature, but also, it can embedded with Wi-Fi, you will get the option of going to online & will be informed about what was happening around the world by reading the latest news feed.
That is why we need to pay attention to the additional features of the E- reader. There are several other models of E-book readers in recent times which are able to support for 3G Internet. User can also download so many new study books, fiction novels, magazines and other electronic books through Internet or by using USB cable which can be connected to the E-reader to a PC.